Saturday, December 6, 2008

Worth Waiting For?

This comic took a ridiculous amount of time to make. Most likely because every computer I've worked on in the past week has been remarkably finicky. As you can see, work was often a little hectic when I was working in the college computer labs, and our new director had stepped things up a little, so the majority of us were running around like crazy. With clip boards and name badges. Nothing makes me feel more official than a useless piece of pressed wood with useless pieces of paper attached to it.

It was also spring semester midterms time, so many of the people around me were in a semi-dream-like state, which required poking and loud noises to shake them out of it. I, myself am prone to such hallucinations as sleep and watching tv. These things simply do not exist.



Sometimes, we all just want to be appreciated for all the running around we do.

This comic features much smaller lines because everything was scanned in originally at 150dpi and then had to be copied over and shrunk down. I'm not sure I care for the style but at least it's done. I was having so much trouble with the tablet and the Photoshop program at work that I actually did half the comic in Macromedia Flash before I gave up and resolved to figure out what the hell was wrong with the tablet driver.

I still have no answers. But this seems to be a common theme, so I'm not going to panic about it.

No comments: