Saturday, December 6, 2008

See at Sea the Seal and Sea Lions?

Having spent a Sunday in San Francisco proper, I hope the natives can forgive me, but I find the majority of what I saw of the city (particularly the residential portions) quite unattractive. That being said, I loved the bay, and the Aquarium of the Bay was interesting. Next week, we have plans to head out to Monterey and see the Monterey Aquarium.

Interesting notes from the Aquarium. When we went to buy tickets, the guy behind the counter charged us for one adult, one child. The Aquarium's policies charge child fare for ages 3-11. Eleven! *facepalm. I don't look eleven. 16, maybe. But not 11.

Despite all this, the aquarium was fun, though not even in my top 3 aquarium experiences. Afterwards, we walked along the pier and saw the sea lions lounging on the docks, which was pretty awesome.



You'll often see cartoons and such with a sea lion and they call it a seal. My background in marine science leads me to staunchly defend the difference between the two. This is one of those little things that makes me think that I could probably never be an educator. Or a parent. I get too depressed and frustrated by general idiocy. Also, children are sticky. I have always maintained this. It's incredibly true.

No comments: