Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh, The Geek

I used to get requests in my mailbox to do memes and it'd been a week since I did a comic. To be honest, I don't much care for memes. But then the LOLCat thing came to town and I was hooked. So I decided I might as well do everything all at once. So I memed all last night. My friend Meherbaba requested a comic, so I scraped one together. And in record time too, if you don't count all the stuff at the bottom (I don't want to give away the ending now)...



Yes indeed, this is one big GIF file. And yes indeed, I had to position and tweak every Chewie down there. Frustrating as heck. I really wanted Spock. Or in absence of Spock, Yoda. But apparently, Yoda's not as big a thing in sprite designer world as Chewie. Anyway, he resembles a hamster at least slightly... so it sorta works. Sorta.

ALSO: Obviously, this pegs me to the entire world that I'm a geek. I'm cool with that. And now you know my favorite Star Trek movie (and it really shouldn't surpise those who have read my profile, because, yes, it has whales). However, this is a plea to everyone to not badger me with IMed or emailed requests to know my favorite captain or favorite episode, or favorite doctor or whatever. You're not gonna get a response. Maybe I'll even block you. That kind of stuff is just not that important You're welcome to message me, send me a note, leave a comment, whatever you like, as long as you're not asking me more of the same. And of course, I love it when you enjoy what I've created. But there's a limit to the fanboyish squeeing I'll stand for in a conversation. It gets annoying after awhile.

Fun/weird fact I probably should not admit to: I have a TNG style doctor's uniform in my closet. And also a Starfleet Coroner's Badge (But I swear it's not mine, the badge, I mean).

To see the full versions of the Macros and Chewie icons I made, you can click on the following links:
Whalz
Pwnd
Chewie

No comments: