Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Ice-Weather Cometh!

The nights are getting colder (some nights it's as low as the 40's, though by day we're still in the 70-80 range)! It reminds me of my times in Massachusetts and right about now is when I would start breaking out my autumnal clothing and remarking on the relative nudity of the UMass campus:


It's true. I always felt like a bit of a prude, comparatively, when I was on that campus. On the other hand, I have no desire to catch a cold or pneumonia or anything. I remember reading an editorial article in the UMass Collegian about the signs of spring. It was basically some guy, lauding the beginning of "skirt weather". I had an intense urge to send in a nasty letter-to-the-editor about how such articles encourage unsafe behavior (dressing scantily has it's drawbacks, you know), and blatant chauvinism. But then again, there's some 10,000 coeds on the campus, and they're gonna dress however they like, regardless of what one incensed Smithie writes in their newspaper. On the other hand, there's another 10,000 male undergrads all kinda hopin' for booty shorts and skirt weather.

I officially own all the clothes I'm wearing in the drawing , which is pretty awesome (This includes the octopus hat, which is one of my most prized possessions and knitted especially for me by a friend). I never used to be so fashionable!

My profuse apologies to any UMass coeds who may happen up on this entry and feel objectified.

No comments: