Saturday, December 6, 2008

I hope the Old Ones eat you AND your bad art

Back in senior year, the spring semester classes had started and I was alternating between disappointed and enthralled at some of the ideas that count as "education" these days. I loved my class that I (unfortunately) had to commute to another campus to get to (also unfortunate was that was at 8am which meant I was waking up on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6am).

But all my other classes seemed to have just a little too much reading and discussion... as though my professors made lesson plans and realized they only had enough material to last maybe 2 weeks. "How shall we fluff up these dismal lesson plans? A-ha! Reading! Lots of reading! And class discussions! I'm a genius!" Of course, a genius would recognize that a class of 60 students doesn't really yield ideal discussion.

My Art class was 3 hours from 1-4pm and unfortunately it was 2.5 hours of the prof lecturing on our reading (there's only 7 of us) and the final half hour was used for giving examples of things we were supposed to experience through the readings. Very dull. Particularly for a room with no windows (it was in the basement). And poorly planned (considering we had a project due in the middle of the second week and the prof hadn't introduced us to any of the technology we were supposed to use, and had mentioned we were to work on it solely outside of class).

Still, the prof is otherwise a nice guy, just socially awkward and not used to the competitive nature of the folks at my school. But really, today's comic will give you a little taste of how I usually felt in that art class.



The Cthulhu Lolita dress is designed by deviantART's Carnet-atelier. I DID however make a wearable version which I've worn to work on Halloween and to a few conventions.

For those of you who've never even heard of Cthulhu, click here for a link to the Wikipedia article.

I just realized how wordy this post is. I apologize. But it's great if you manage to get through it. Good luck.

No comments: